NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Couple of Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple of issues since the last update (I think)

1. Quite often when fast forwarding the sound goes out of sync with the picture.

2. When tyring to fast forward although the minutes skip could be 4 or 5 minutes it will not skip, but result in above.

3. When getting towards the end of a program, mostly around the hour mark the screen goes black and just hangs.
yeah i agree the 6500 is pretty much useless again dont know what you changed
I have no idea how your new ticketing system works its all to confusing for my small brain
I had noticed skip forward problems, but haven't watched enough to have said it was the app rather than a rubbish timeline in the .ts recording.
Likewise I though the audio sync moving slight off was the recording. I find a pause and play brings them back together.
I will try the pause and play trick. It def goes off sync though if you try and fast forward but it doesn't actually do it.
I was constantly facing various problems intermittently. Nothing could be pinned down to decoders, setup, etc.. I recently upgraded my HTPC to an AMD 6 core cpu (previously a dual), retained the 8 gb ddr3 ram i was using, along with the dual Hauppage tuner for ota digital and a Hauppage usb tuner for basic cable analog. My system now runs flawlessly, no decoding issues, and quick transcoding to a bedroom Roku box via Plex.

With the bulk of the Windows OS, a faster system should be considered. Just my 2c....
Grampz Wrote:I was constantly facing various problems intermittently. Nothing could be pinned down to decoders, setup, etc.. I recently upgraded my HTPC to an AMD 6 core cpu (previously a dual), retained the 8 gb ddr3 ram i was using, along with the dual Hauppage tuner for ota digital and a Hauppage usb tuner for basic cable analog. My system now runs flawlessly, no decoding issues, and quick transcoding to a bedroom Roku box via Plex.

With the bulk of the Windows OS, a faster system should be considered. Just my 2c....

Nothing to do with my setup. It's the Samsung that's the issue.