NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Ceton and NetworkRecorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a battle, but I won the first round. Win8 with Ceton tuners and NPVR. I finally have picture and sound, also can record and play. This is all on one tuner. That is all I have set up right now. What I need to see at this point is a copy of someone's NetworkRecorder XML file, that has all 4 tuner's setup. I have tried adding another tuner, but it does not like the way I am doing it
zip and attach yours and I will do it for you.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:zip and attach yours and I will do it for you.

Martin

Here it is.
Back at 'cha

To install

Stop recording service
Copy npvr.db3 as a backup
Overwrite the original xml file with the attached
Modify the ports for the new devices
Start nextpvr (devices should show up in setup)
Add channels
Exit nextpvr
Start recording service

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Back at 'cha

Did your knot came undone??
Thanks Jaggy, hate it when that happens.

Martin
Will work on it later today, will let you know the results.
mvallevand Wrote:Back at 'cha

To install

Stop recording service
Copy npvr.db3 as a backup
Modify the ports for the new devices
Start nextpvr (devices should show up in setup)
Add channels
Exit nextpvr
Start recording service

Martin

Worked like a charm. Recorded on all 4 tuners at once, no problem. That takes care of phase 1. Phase 2 is to get it working with XBMC. Have played with it a little, and am having some issues, I will keep at it for awhile, if I can't get it, I will come back to the Forum. Thanks for the help Martin, you saved me a lot of time and hair pulling.
twiggins Wrote:Worked like a charm. Recorded on all 4 tuners at once, no problem. That takes care of phase 1. Phase 2 is to get it working with XBMC. Have played with it a little, and am having some issues, I will keep at it for awhile, if I can't get it, I will come back to the Forum. Thanks for the help Martin, you saved me a lot of time and hair pulling.

Great. SageDCT 2.7 with the ffmpeg mux will likely be needed to play nicely with Frodo. Gotham has a newer ffmpeg and plays these files better but 2.7 is still recommended.

Martin
Could I ask you what decoders you are using? I am working on the exact same set up and can get live video briefly before it freezes. I am using CCCP decoders. Honestly I am not too sure if the decoders are the problem but it's one of the only configuration differences I can think of so far that isn't detailed in the guide I followed.