NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Rename or move based on Genre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is is possible to rename recording folders based on the Genre (as per the epg xmltv data)?

I am looking for a way to separate out recorded TV Movies from other recordings - is there a method to have the recording folders organized by Genre or include the Genre in the individual folder name?

e.g.
Recorded TV\Movies\Movie1\Movie1.ts
or
Recorded TV\Movie1(Movies)\Movie.ts

Thanks for any help on this!
There is nothing build in that'll do this. You'd probably have to try rolling your own solution in PostProcessing.bat.
Ok, so postprocessing.bat looks to have a few commands to use but no native way of using the genre data from the epg?

Having looked at the recordings it seems that the only information kept from the epg data is the title (i.e. filename) and recording date/time. So I think I will have to look at modifying the epg title data in the xmltv before NPVR gets it..
For the next release I've added "-genre" command to NScriptHelper.exe, to get the primary genre of a recording. ie, pass in the recording filename and get back the genre.

This would help make it easier to roll your own solution in PostProcessing.bat.