NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recurring recordings with exact same parameters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use the NEWA web page for scheduling recordings. Recently I accidentally created three recurring recordings that had the exact same parameters ('The Walking Dead', any channel, any day, new episodes only). The recording started just fine. I was trying to watch a different program at the same time and got a 'Tuner unavailable error'. Later I discovered that I had three copies of the same program recorded. This explains why I could not watch another program as I was using all available tuners to record that program multiple times.

Is this a feature of nPVR or is it a bug in NEWA/nPVR that allows for scheduling multiple recordings of the same program? I've been trying to think of a reason why someone would want to do this.
It's not a feature certainly, tough to say whether it's really a bug. A bug implies that "it's not supposed to do that, but it does anyway due to a mistake in the code". In this case, there's nothing in the program intended to prevent that so it's more of a missing feature. In theory the "avoid duplicates" logic should prevent this, but in the current implementation duplicates are not detected across different recurring recordings (so does that make it a bug?). I have a request in to sub to make duplicate detection work across multiple recurring recordings, we'll see if it gets implemented for the next release.