NextPVR Forums

Full Version: what to buy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm eager to jump in on this but don't yet have a Samsung TV, so,,,,
The "E" series are still around as well as the "F".
I see the "F" boasting dual core but should I hold out for the 2014 models ("G"?)?
I'd like something 40~60".
Wut say U?

That said:
Is PIP available using this app?
Currently I use EventGhost for remote management of all NPVR keyboard commands, what are my config options concerning the remote with this app?

This is The direction, help me join you there, please.
I've got an F5900 on a Boxing Day sale still unopened in a box if you want to borrow it for a couple of week to see if the Samsung App is for you.

Martin
OTAjunkie Wrote:Currently I use EventGhost for remote management of all NPVR keyboard commands, what are my config options concerning the remote with this app?

You just have the TV remote for the app. There are still a few quirks with it and it is still in beta, but I'm using it all the time now in preference to my NMT.
no PIP, i dont see this ever being added sorry (unless samsung makes it an easy feature in their api).

i dont recommend any one getting an E series device now, the app supports them, but they run a lot slower (i cant stress this enough).

a 2013 F5900 is a popular choice. No one is using a "G" model device yet (i think these released now???), not sure if these work, probably will, but i haven't got one to verify and like I said, no one is using one yet.