NextPVR Forums

Full Version: 3.29 database locked - probably not upgrade related
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm not blaming this on the upgrade.. Just wondering if anybody can see what has gone wrong?

A few days ago NEWA was working fine... (on 3.11)

Yesterday I upgraded my old USB TV stick to an Blackgold PCI card - then Npvr was fine, but I didnt try NEWA.

Today NEWA was broken - I rebooted a few times, then decided to give the upgrade a try...

Now I have database locked errors in Npvr, and NEWA is still unavailable!

Any assistance gratefully appreciated Smile
Check for hidden files in the data directory. Rarely you will have temp files that indicate that the database is locked.

Also maybe disable the metadata download NRecord could be trying to d/l to an invalid filename.

C:\Users\Public\NPVR\media\shows\Michael Palin: Around the World....jpg

Martin
Many Thanks!

You have helped me yet again! Bloody Palin - He went around the world 25 years ago and is still causing issues now Smile

Cheers,
Rob.
alternatively, if you have the option to "update EPG during live tv" ticked in the config. this is almost certain to be the cause of your problem.
The update should have been in the morning, but I unticked it just in case - Thanks!
There is a bug that can cause a database lock if you have this setting enabled and schedule concurrent recordings. It has nothing to do with when your EPG updates.