NextPVR Forums

Full Version: X-NEWA V2 Release 2014-04-01
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
X-NEWA with many improvementsis now available for automatic install if you have followed the instructions here http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post464910 Please follow these steps for installing since I will post update via the repo when needed.

Thanks to sub and UJB for adding a lot of things in support of this release.

General
- Full JSON control for faster processing (3.2.9 only)
- integrated NEWA/NextPVR login for easier and more secure remote access

Web Client (aka Chameleon)
- Music Support integrated with th XBMC music playlist play
- Some support for MB4 (including Random music generation
- Support for direct streaming online radio via Web Radio with OSD
- Exit menu to XBMC
- Improved remote keys, a few mouse keys
- Support for BluRay and DVD ISO
- Support for BluRay BMDV directory format
- YouTube Plugin support improvements
- quite a few fixes

X-NEWA Client
- Implement all JSON functionality
- Add conflict list management support
- Resolve conflicts during recording selection.
- a few more fixes.

If you have problem and you are using 3.1.1 switch to SOAP mode some things may not work, since NEWA is not 100% backwards compatible.

Martin
I can confirm that this auto-updated X-NEWA from the repository for both OpenELEC and XBMC on Windows, and it fixed the EXIT menu problem to XBMC. Autostart Web Client is also a very welcome new feature. Thanks very much to all concerned.
I've got this running on two Windows 7 PCs running XBMC 12.3, as well as an OpenElec box. I can see and play recordings fine, but when I select TV guide absolutely nothing happens. NPVR has been upgraded to the latest version.

Any ideas?
JP23 Wrote:I've got this running on two Windows 7 PCs running XBMC 12.3, as well as an OpenElec box. I can see and play recordings fine, but when I select TV guide absolutely nothing happens. NPVR has been upgraded to the latest version.

Any ideas?

Lots of ideas, but a few questions first. To start I am guessing X-NEWA mode, but is your backend 3.1 or 3.2? I'd also like to see xbmc.log to see what questions it answers.

Martin
NPVR has just been upgraded to the latest version, and yes, X-NEWA mode. I tried changing X-NEWA to SOAP mode, but that made no difference.

Debug log here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10756920/xbmc.log
JP23 Wrote:NPVR has just been upgraded to the latest version, and yes, X-NEWA mode. I tried changing X-NEWA to SOAP mode, but that made no difference.

Debug log here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10756920/xbmc.log

Oops, I see my mistake, I will have an update shortly after I get home in 3-4 hours.

Edit 2.2.7 now onlline

Thanks,

Martin
Auto-updated perfectly here. Nicely done.
That's working nicely now - thanks.
smacrae Wrote:The new update seems to have fixed that problem of the disappearing menu selection on none metadata rendered items...was that the intention?

Any UI changes normal come from NextPVR. Certainl 3.2 is better than 3.1

Quote:In the logs you mention more key maps or something like this? What addition items have you added?

For web client Hauppauge and MCE remotes should now send all the codes NextPVR expects outside the player. The special keys of note would would be

Info = Home (will turn on Full Screen Video in LiveTV too)
Guide = Mini guide in LiveTV otherwise exit web client (leave host session running for resuming, Exit from main menu kills the session)

Martin