NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Upgrade issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really love the Samsung add on. I just upgraded my NPVR and now the TV listing does not work and the recorded shows do not show up. I get the list for the recurring recordings but the rest show 0/0. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks
Rick
Oh, I'm so glad I was busy at the weekend and resisted the urge to upgrade :eek:
reven acknowledged here: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post473800 that he's not tested against 3.2.9 yet, as he wasn't aware of the new release, and that he'll try to fix it up this weekend.

I only just bought a samsung blu-ray player capable of running reven's app last night; had I bought it the first time I talked about it, I would have discovered it broke with 3.2.x and could have alerted reven ahead of time. Oh well, next time...
thank you very much for replying and thank Reven for all the good work he is doing.

thank you
Rick
I can't imagine anything broke in the xml interface since it is also shared with XBMC and that dates back to Frodo

(unless there is something odd in the conflict handling)

Martin
I'm not aware of any changes that would have broken reven's Samsung client, but when he gets a chance to check it out, I'll help him resolve any problems on the NextPVR side of things.
For the sake of science, I upgraded my test machine.
Sammy app on smart TV only produces data for the recurring recordings screen all others are empty - pending, ready, new etc. TV Guide is also empty.

Now to see if restoring the \users\public\npvr and program files\npvr works.
i did put in a version restriction, but pretty sure its 3.2x so 3.29 should be fine, 3.3 would require a change. this is just to ensure everything is retested when a large nextpvr release is made.

my sons just started school this week so ive started leaving for work at 6am so i can pick him up afterwards, so no time at night to fix this during the week (waiting for body to adjust to the hours, i usually went to sleep around 1am previously).

but its a high priority thing for me to look at on sat/sun. ill at least get 3.29 support done in the weekend, hopefully fix a couple more issues too.
ok, it's saturday there, make with the update!!!! Big Grin

sorry, I'm just eager... bought a 2013 blu-ray, annoyed the wife by swapping out the old 2011 she was used to, then discovered I couldn't run your app yet. She prefered the old Netflix app (the new one is much faster and doesn't have the annoying 100-episode bug, but it's otherwise been dumbed down and it takes longer to find anything), and the new remote is similar but more crowded, so my promises of how great and wonderful the new unit will be aren't eliciting any confidence thus far.
glad u reminded me, i nearly forgot. ill look at it in a couple of hours.
Pages: 1 2