NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't watch live tv npvr client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to get live tv working in xmbc and in trouble shooting discovered that my npvr client isn't working either. I can watch recorded shows in xmbc and in the npvr client. My laptop is running W8 with the most recent version of npvr on server and client. Xmbc versions 12.3 on w8 laptop, rasbmc on RPi and 12.2 on my nook hd+. Live tv won't work on any client. I turned firewall off on both the laptop and server and attempted to watch live tv with the npvr client, had to end task to get out of it, zipped logs for client and server and will attach.
PS: Also wanted to mention that at no time when testing npvr client of xmbc clients, mentioned in thread in xmbc subforum along with logs, does the tuner light come on on the dcr-2650 to indicate it is tuning a channel.
Quote:2014-04-02 07:32:41.214 [DEBUG][20] Executing: C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe 20103656 set /tuner0/vchannel 5
2014-04-02 07:32:41.240 [DEBUG][20] Status: ERROR: invalid virtual channel
It looks like the HDHR is claiming their is no channel 5.

Try running that same command from the command line there to see what you get:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config.exe 20103656 set /tuner0/vchannel 5
I'm an idiot apparently, Comcast in it's infinite wisdom has decided I don't need the standard def channels on the cable card any more. I just did a channel scan and they're all gone for some reason. I use the standard channels for streaming since the hd stuff studders over wireless and my powerline adapters.
No worries - I'm just glad it wasn't a NextPVR problem.