NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Displayed time 1 hour out now we're in "summer time"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Noticed the displayed time in pending recordings is 1 hour out now we have switched to Summer Time. i.e. displays 0800 instead of 0900.
Haven't had chance to check times elsewhere. But to play safe, we are now just viewing with the app as not sure that scheduling will be correct.

regards
Martin
scheduling will be fine, it passes in the recording id when making a recording, so its just a display time.
OK, thanks for that reassuring news.
is it still out or has it corrected itself? also have you tried with/without the "server time" setting enabled?
Still displaying an hour early. Toggled the server time option and it didn't make any difference. exited and re-entered the app just in case but still no difference.
It seems to have corrected itself now. Not sure which day it happened on as I forget to keep checking.
Mysterious.
martint123 Wrote:It seems to have corrected itself now. Not sure which day it happened on as I forget to keep checking.
Mysterious.

I figured it would, the server time should of been correct, so thats still not perfect, but glad to hear its sorted.
bugger me i thought you were crazy when you said it would come right but it has Smile
i figured it might be due to the daylight savings date change that happened a couple of years ago Smile I remember having to change our app at work to handle this.
But this stuff is universal - there shouldn't be any situation when a piece of technology doesn't know when it should be using DST in any particular country / timezone.

The post from martint123 was 5th April but we switched to BST in the UK at 1am on the 29th March nearly a week earlier and his next post was 7th April and it still wasn't right.

Waiting over a week to correct the time isn't good - something is broken.
Pages: 1 2 3