NextPVR Forums

Full Version: app won't install on Samsung BD-FM59C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the player downloads the app, it thinks for about 30 seconds and then displays the message: "Failed to install. For more information, visit http://www.samsungdforum.com/Support/TVAppsSecurity". That page doesn't tell me anything that helps me.
how odd, im only using their API and its just a html webapp so nothing tricky going on.....
any thoughts at all on what might be happening? your device list says you have one other BD-FM59 in use, and 6 BD-F5900's; the two units are outwardly identical and use the exact same firmware. My unit automatically upgraded to the latest 1015.1 (jan 29, 2014)firmware when I first plugged it in last week. maybe something changed in samsung's sdk and a player that doesn't already have the app can't install it until the app is updated?
nah not sure why. I'll have a go at uninstalling the app from my TV, checking for new firmware, then reinstalling it.
for the record, I updated my player to 1016.3, just out last week, to no avail. I still get the same "Fail to Install" message pointing me to the TVAppsSecurity web page. I also tried Fred250's app with the same result.

I'm probably just going to return it to Fry's, it's not worth any more to me than the D5300 if it won't run any NextPVR app.
johnsonx42 Wrote:for the record, I updated my player to 1016.3, just out last week, to no avail. I still get the same "Fail to Install" message pointing me to the TVAppsSecurity web page. I also tried Fred250's app with the same result.

I'm probably just going to return it to Fry's, it's not worth any more to me than the D5300 if it won't run any NextPVR app.

sorry i forgot to reply back, i tested uninstalling on my 2013 tvs and a 2012 BRP and reinstalling it fresh but I couldnt get the error. since no one else has reported it, it might just be that player/firmware for that player.