NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem installing on BD-H6500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have a brand new BD-H6500 with latest firmware. Have successfully installed Plex (which works remarkably well, actually).

Now, being an optimistic sorta chap, am trying to install NextPVR for Samsung App (NextPVR is installed and operational on my network).

I log in as 'develop', then run through the process in SmartHub to install the app:
  • Long-hold ENTER on any app to get the options (new way of doing it for this line)
  • Select "ENTER IP"
  • Enter 203.86.201.68
  • Select "START APP SYNC"

All seems to work without errors, however I never see a NextPVR app come up.

I'm sorta hoping that this is an easy fix... any help / suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers!
you're the first person to test a 2014 (H) device. could you post a youtube video or something showing this?

Unfortunately I don't have a 2014 device to test against (and I'm not planning on getting one any time soon, no need for one Smile)
reven Wrote:you're the first person to test a 2014 (H) device.

Yay me. Sad

So, Youtube video here: http://youtu.be/k8AeHwLMVSo

I also did a packet capture at my router and can see the full conversation between the BD & your server (using Wireshark). BD connects, identifies the NextPVR widget, requests & appears to successfully download the zip file. I can upload that for you if you want.

Despite all that, no widget appears. Maybe requires something additional to display / run on a 2014 (H) device?

Plex works very nicely on this BD, by the way. Cool

Thanks for your help!
MrFusion Wrote:Yay me. Sad

So, Youtube video here: http://youtu.be/k8AeHwLMVSo

I also did a packet capture at my router and can see the full conversation between the BD & your server (using Wireshark). BD connects, identifies the NextPVR widget, requests & appears to successfully download the zip file. I can upload that for you if you want.

Despite all that, no widget appears. Maybe requires something additional to display / run on a 2014 (H) device?

Plex works very nicely on this BD, by the way. Cool

Thanks for your help!

thanks for the video, the fact youre saying its actually downloading the zip file means the widgetlist appears valid and it can download the zip... my logs all indicate a download occurred on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of April (im assuming one was you, I only have IP address). a quick search of the samsungdforum doesnt suggest anything.

ill see if i can fire up the new emulator over the easter break and figure this out.
reven Wrote:thanks for the video, the fact youre saying its actually downloading the zip file means the widgetlist appears valid and it can download the zip... my logs all indicate a download occurred on the 3rd, 4th and 5th of April (im assuming one was you, I only have IP address). a quick search of the samsungdforum doesnt suggest anything.

ill see if i can fire up the new emulator over the easter break and figure this out.

No worries and, yep, that was me.

Thanks very much indeed for looking at this so quickly! Hope the new emulator reveals something useful...
Hi,

Hope you had a great Easter!

Please let me know if there's anything further that I can do to help.

Cheers!
So, this is interesting...

Downloaded and installed the latest Sammy emulator (2014_Smart_TV_Emulator_5_1), grabbed the widget (0.2.74.283), installed it.... and NextPVR icon pops up. I can start the widget, configure it, talk to my NextPVR server, registered it on your website, and could even watch telly (total stutter fest, given the dual core Celeron the VM is running on)!! All-in-all, pretty miraculous.

Now, the only question is - why could the app install properly on the 2014 emulator, but not a 2014 BD player???

Any hints? Anywhere I can check for install logs etc on the BD player?

Cheers!!
sorry wasn't able to get any work done over easter (was at home with my kid the entire week and well all we did was play Smile).

You've done what I would of done, which is tested on emulator, but if it works on the emulator then I couldnt really do more.

Plex installs via the store so that might be why. Perhaps they changed something with syncing apps....

Might have to get a 2014 device and try it out, but they dont appear to be available in NZ yet, and would need to wait for a sale (my son could do with a new tv....)
Good to see that you've got your priorities right! Smile

I wonder if there's a way to dummy up a test app to try to eliminate anything really basic tripping us up (I've successfully installed other apps, such as Plex, so we know it's not impossible...)?

Cheers!
did you try out freds app to see if it would load i pm'd you the link
Pages: 1 2