NextPVR Forums

Full Version: imagegrablite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm considering using this plugin; still pretty new to htpcs in general so still have a lot of learning to do.

would using this plugin with the rename allow tv shows to appear in XBMC under the "TV Shows" section?

is there an option to rename the files without downloading the artwork? (if I'm going to use with XBMC won't XBMC automatically download artwork for me anyways?)

and would you be able to describe how it maps a show from NPVR to a listing in theTVDb? is it pretty accurate? what fields does it rely on to do the mapping? I recently learned that the NextPVR database is just a SQLite databse file and so I opened that up and looked at it, which made me happy that I can start to piece together how things are working Smile
craigrs84 Wrote:i'm considering using this plugin; still pretty new to htpcs in general so still have a lot of learning to do.

would using this plugin with the rename allow tv shows to appear in XBMC under the "TV Shows" section?

TV Shows S#E## or Movies (yyyy) depending on type

Quote:is there an option to rename the files without downloading the artwork? (if I'm going to use with XBMC won't XBMC automatically download artwork for me anyways?)

No it is not worth the effort

Quote:and would you be able to describe how it maps a show from NPVR to a listing in theTVDb? is it pretty accurate? what fields does it rely on to do the mapping? I recently learned that the NextPVR database is just a SQLite databse file and so I opened that up and looked at it, which made me happy that I can start to piece together how things are working Smile

I think it is pretty accurate. It can uses genre, uniqueid, subtitle, air date, first run. Not just thetvdb it uses themoviedb.org If not found it also makes nfo files. It supports (yyyy) and (country) modes and mult episode (back to back) shows too

Martin
I thought I saw a post about the source code I'd open it up if someone gave good details of what value they'd add to make it worth the overhead.

Martin
I deleted it because I thought it might offend you Tongue Honestly I'm not sure that I would add much value it'd be mainly for my own purposes just to learn and maybe create some some custom processes to run on my computer that fit exactly what i want. and at this point i'm not sure exactly what i want.