NextPVR Forums

Full Version: spdif audio and sync issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having spdif audio sync issues and even playback issues with my Colossus.

I've got an I7 with at least 8 GB of RAM, using LAV decoders and on some channels and worse on a particular program where the audio is almost always out of sync. I'm on rogers using a SA4642 digital box recording in 1080i. I've tried watching the channel, but different show and it doesn't seem to have any audio sync issues at that time.

I've tried different decoders but still no luck.

I've since switched to analog audio and it hasn't had a problem for a few days.

I remember someone talking about the audio changing between different channels. I was wondering if that had anything to do with it.

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? Are most people on Rogers in Canada using analog or digital audio?
I've also run into this problem with my collossus (with spdif input). I recently updated from 2 versions back (3.1.1?), where it was rock solid.

It could run for months with out a restart. Now it seems to be good for about a week, and the recording quality slowly gets unwatchable after that. I thought it might be the playback codec on the machine, but they are unwatchable on any machine. Live TV and recorded shows are both affected.

I've put this audio sync mod in place. See if that makes a difference. It was suggested in http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...udio-issue

<Renderers>
<ForcedLiveTVClock>AC3 Audio Renderer</ForcedLiveTVClock>
</Renderers>

Next time i get a bad recording, I'll try to grab the logs and post them.

Cheers