NextPVR Forums

Full Version: DVB-S2 channel scan incomplete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The channel list after scanning is incomplete. The channels missing is all from Astra 3B 23.5.
I tried other PVR software similar to NextPVR which comes with channel list pre-installed, including from Astra 3B and work fine.

I would appreciate if some would help with the following:

1# I have manage to export the channel list form the other PVR software but these are in *.ini or *.cvs format. Maybe I could tune into the missing channels if I would convert the ini or cvs file to xml so that NextPVR can import it.

2# Better Yet. If some could tell me why NextPVR will not scan anything from my 2nd LNB that is meant for Astra 3B 23.5

This my setup:
Receiver; 1x TBS6982 PCI-E DVB-S2 Dual Tuner TV card
Switch: 2x Spaun SAR 411
LNB: 3x ALPS twin LNB. 1st > Astra 1 19.2, 2nd > Astra 3B 23.5, 3rd > Astra 2 28.2

It could be that you would like to know some specific details. Please fell free and ask.
Quote:2# Better Yet. If some could tell me why NextPVR will not scan anything from my 2nd LNB that is meant for Astra 3B 23.5
Unforunately it doesn't support diseqc on TBS devices.
sub Wrote:Unforunately it doesn't support diseqc on TBS devices.

That is bad news. It does confirm my findings.
Do you have any idea what is missing?
Is it driver based or do to NextVR engine?
Unfortunately every manufacturer implements diseqc using their own proprietary method, so I basically need to have one of the manufacturers devices, and the info on how they do diseqc control for their device, and then spend the time implementing it.