NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextPVR finds no channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Next PVR finds no channels in scan. Windows Media Center found them, no problem.
Post logs. One common reason for not finding channels is that no decoders have been selected
whurlston Wrote:Post logs. One common reason for not finding channels is that no decoders have been selected

Decoders are setup. Tried again; still no channels.

BTW hardware is Hauppauge Win TV-7164 BDA ATCV/QAM Tuner. My cable is HD and I tried setting up QAM
You'll need to do a scan, then post the npvr.log.
Log of last scan attached.
Everything looks ok there, but device never locks onto a signal, so never delivers any data to NextPVR.

Make sure you're doing the right type of scan. QAM for digital cable. ATSC for antenna. Make sure you've got the cable connected and got a good signal.
sub Wrote:Everything looks ok there, but device never locks onto a signal, so never delivers any data to NextPVR.

Make sure you're doing the right type of scan. QAM for digital cable. ATSC for antenna. Make sure you've got the cable connected and got a good signal.

I did a QAM scan for digital cable. I know I have a good connection because I have a good picture in Windows Media Center. I scanned with Windows Media Center closed to avoid conflict.