NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NPVR will not connect to my tuner to scan channels, but shows up in devices. (3.1.1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have not been recording shows for the past two weeks because NPVR does not seem to want to connect to my USB Tuner. I have tries fresh installs of 3.1.1 and 3.2.9, and they both have the same issue. This seems to have just randomly started one day.

I can use the tuner in WMC. Before I did a fresh install, when I tried to play a channel it would say it could not connect to my tuner. The 1st try would say that, but the second try would turn on my tuner's status light. (While still saying it could not connect.)

Here is the NPVR.log (NRecord is the only other log and it has nothing important in it.)
I attempted to scan for channels twice.
http://pastebin.com/15FWpezg

Edit-
Windows 7 64-bit

Things I have tried:
Reboot
Re-install Tuner Driver
Re-Install NPVR
Quote:324.2014-05-09 22:13:05.843 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: MPEG-2 Demultiplexer
The Microsoft MPEG-2 Demultiplexer is missing on your machine. On a normal windows install this would be present.

You could try starting a command prompt with 'run as administrator' and running:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mpg2splt.ax

On a 32bit version of Windows, that file is probably C:\Windows\System32\mpg2splt.ax. If neither of those files exist, then sounds like your windows install is broken.
sub Wrote:regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\mpg2splt.ax

After running the command I get a prompt saying "DLLRegisterServer in C:\...\mpg2splt.ax succeeded."

Though I still can not scan. I would not think my Windows install would be broken because I have been running NPVR for nearly a year.

Though, on an unrelated note my system has been acting a little strange. XBMC keeps buffering local media when my HDD indicator is solid (every 30-90 seconds). And context items keep getting stuck on my screen.

Now I don't have the cited error. Now I have:
Code:
[DEBUG][1]    FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter

New log
http://pastebin.com/X7Ua184E
mrcory Wrote:After running the command I get a prompt saying "DLLRegisterServer in C:\...\mpg2splt.ax succeeded."

Though I still can not scan.
You'd need to post a new set of logs so we can see what's going wrong now.

Quote:I would not think my Windows install would be broken because I have been running NPVR for nearly a year.
Clearly it was missing the MPEG-2 Demultiplexer, which should have been present, so there is definitely some stuff broken about your Windows install. This is a Windows issue, not a NextPVR bug, so going back to old versions of NextPVR like 3.1.1 wont help you. It could have been broken recently by running a bad uninstaller or something similar, which removed or deregistered Windows components.
sub Wrote:You'd need to post a new set of logs so we can see what's going wrong now.

Clearly it was missing the MPEG-2 Demultiplexer, which should have been present, so there is definitely some stuff broken about your Windows install. This is a Windows issue, not a NextPVR bug, so going back to old versions of NextPVR like 3.1.1 wont help you. It could have been broken recently by running a bad uninstaller or something similar, which removed or deregistered Windows components.

I added a new log at the bottom of that post.

I am gonna update back to 3.2.9.

I really do thank you for any help that you can offer though. I am hoping I can find a way to fix this so it can be used for future reference.
Quote:574.2014-05-10 15:25:18.161 [DEBUG][1] FindFilterByName failed to locate filter: BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter
Yep, as I suspected, there are other required windows components missing too.

You could try running the commands below. If it doesn't work, you'll probably need to reinstall Windows.
Code:
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\bdaplgin.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\kstvtune.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\ksxbar.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\Mpeg2Data.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\mpg2splt.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\MSDvbNP.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\MSNP.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\MSVidCtl.dll
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\psisdecd.dll
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\psisrndr.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\VBICodec.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\vbisurf.ax
%systemroot%\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\SysWOW64\WSTPager.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\bdaplgin.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\kstvtune.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\ksxbar.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\Mpeg2Data.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\mpg2splt.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\MSDvbNP.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\MSNP.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\MSVidCtl.dll
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\psisdecd.dll
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\psisrndr.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\VBICodec.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\vbisurf.ax
%systemroot%\System32\regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\System32\WSTPager.ax
Yeah, out of the first 5 I tried 2 fail.

At least I have been wanting to redo my Windows install, just not without getting a new drive to put it on.

Thanks for your help though.