NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playing 4/3 DVD on 16/9 Screen using the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

If i try to play a 4/3 DVD on 16/9 screen using the Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder, the buttons navigation (the highlighting) is not correct. I think the postition is set to 16/9 layout instead of 4/3.
16/9 DVDs are fine.
SUB, can you please look on that issue?

Thank you.
So, nobody else have this issue?
I had problems accessing the dvd-menu when playing dvd's in npvr, so I ripped all my dvd's and converted them to videos.
Reddwarf Wrote:I had problems accessing the dvd-menu when playing dvd's in npvr, so I ripped all my dvd's and converted them to videos.

Either you don't have 500 dvd's, or have a lot of time... Smile

FWIW, I don't have a problem with DVD menus, but I'm using the old PDVD10 decoder for DVD's.... good luck!
yes. I've seen this too... if I need the menus to line up I just flip the aspect ratio until they line up and then do my selections, then adjust the aspect ratio again to make the movie look right. I never really thought of it as a bug, more just a fact of how it works, where the DVD navigation handler doesn't know about the aspect ratio adjustments NPVR makes.
ga_mueller Wrote:Either you don't have 500 dvd's, or have a lot of time... Smile

FWIW, I don't have a problem with DVD menus, but I'm using the old PDVD10 decoder for DVD's.... good luck!
I'm retired so I do have a lot of time Big Grin But it took a while...