NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Anyone using a Samsung F6300 LCD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per title - if so, how do you find it?

Thinking of replacing my 2006 LCD with one of these, and use the smart bluray in the spare room or garage.
on sale for $800 NZ currently

Experience with Plex & NPVR?
I logged into reven's portal (portal.reven.co.nz) and found 5 different F6300's registered (various screen sizes). Doesn't tell you much beyond the fact that five F6300 users have reven's app installed and registered, but it's something.
Yeah, I looked at the portal after posting (I am still on the old version of the app as my dvb-s card died (so no epg), and I didn't try to fix as was moving house)
I think its effectively the same as my current F6500 bluray (dualcore) but the PQ we be so much better than my current 1366x768 tv.

decent price, so may as well go with it.
dont know if you need it but instead of fixing the dvb-s here is what set up ages ago and have not touched it since
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...uide-in-nz
As for the tv im sure it will be fine
I had that set up (was using epg collector for my dvb-s, and use HDPVR to record from MySky, so need the dvb-s guide for their stuff)
I'll use dvb-t for my FTA for now, and use manual for Sky for anything i wish to archive.
Is a beautiful TV. Mounted the wall bracket last night, had it all setu.

Plugged in the plex server and turned on the power - sparks / flames out of the back of the PSU Sad
That will teach me to turn it off after running it continuously for a year. (I looked, and the PSU was from 2005)
I have a 50F6400 and a 55F6400, so close to the 6300 Smile

Works great on those devices.