NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problem with Movies plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've installed the Movies plugin after getting metadata from Media Companion. The Movies menu item appears and it appears to have done its work. The problem is that when I try and open the Menu Movies, I get an error message which basically says it can't find the output.xml file. I can see the output.xml file, right where it's supposed to be (users/public/npvr/plugins/movies/user.xml) and it appears to have the necessary info in it. What's the problem. The only variable that occurs to me is that the Movie files are on my server and the Movies plugin and xml files are on my client Win7 machine which works fine in all other aspects (they're connected by Cat5). Everything looks to be properly set up...it just isn't working. Any thoughts?
jd1940 Wrote:I've installed the Movies plugin after getting metadata from Media Companion. The Movies menu item appears and it appears to have done its work. The problem is that when I try and open the Menu Movies, I get an error message which basically says it can't find the output.xml file. I can see the output.xml file, right where it's supposed to be (users/public/npvr/plugins/movies/user.xml) and it appears to have the necessary info in it. What's the problem. The only variable that occurs to me is that the Movie files are on my server and the Movies plugin and xml files are on my client Win7 machine which works fine in all other aspects (they're connected by Cat5). Everything looks to be properly set up...it just isn't working. Any thoughts?
The filename of the actual movie will point to a drive letter on the server, but that drive letter does not exist or does not have the movie files on the client(s). If you regenerate the .xml file and point it to a share instead of a local drive it may work on the client too. Provided that your movie folder(s) is shared thou.
Still no luck. I installed the Movies plugin on the Server. It indicates it found all the movies. But, when you try and open the Movies menu option, you get an exception notice (same as on the client) that says: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Everything indicates it's being shared so I have no idea of what's wrong.
jd1940 Wrote:Still no luck. I installed the Movies plugin on the Server. It indicates it found all the movies. But, when you try and open the Movies menu option, you get an exception notice (same as on the client) that says: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Everything indicates it's being shared so I have no idea of what's wrong.
Strange, what version of npvr are you running? Maybe post in the Movies beta thread.
Reddwarf Wrote:Strange, what version of npvr are you running? Maybe post in the Movies beta thread.

The latest one:3.2.9. I didn't realize there was a Movies beta thread. I'll look for it.
jd1940 Wrote:The latest one:3.2.9. I didn't realize there was a Movies beta thread. I'll look for it.
That's the thread I pointed you at.
Well, I guess it was a nice idea that just isn't going to work. I can still see my Movie collection in the Videos menu so all is not lost.
jd1940 Wrote:Well, I guess it was a nice idea that just isn't going to work. I can still see my Movie collection in the Videos menu so all is not lost.
Don't know why it is not working for you, it has always worked fine here. Can you try starting it and post the logs?
Sorry for the delay. Family dinner and then bedtime! I'm sending you the logs for both the Server and the Client. I don't know they'll tell you anything since I've never gotten the Movies menu option to open...just gotten the error screen.
jd1940 Wrote:Sorry for the delay. Family dinner and then bedtime! I'm sending you the logs for both the Server and the Client. I don't know they'll tell you anything since I've never gotten the Movies menu option to open...just gotten the error screen.
I can't see the error message from the Movies plugin in your logs, maybe try to produce a clean set without activating anything else. What skin are you using?
Pages: 1 2 3