NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Guideplus problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have used guideplus for over a year, and have noticed problems creeping up over the past month. I'm not sure if it's the number of recordings I have in the database (approaching 1000), or just the fact that certain shows are giving it headaches. For the past 3 nights, the epgupdate is pulling a new main file, but the guidepus update doesn't complete. Before this, I would notice the updated xml would show a date / time of 3 hours + after the original xml.

Firewall is off. Not sure what else I can have active on my machine to make this problem. I am currently running guideplus from the command prompt, and this is the exception that I get time after time:
Update: Seems to have failed with a scheduled recording for some reason - I have definitely seen this before in the past, usually because of a show name or something along those lines; I wonder if it was the apostrophe in the description of "John Lennon's". I have deleted this file to record, and will see if that lets this complete. It's still taking hours to run though. This is where windows told me that guideplus had a problem and had to quit before I reran after deleting the schedule:
I will be down under for a week and despite that being very good for Sub's productivity it will be bad for mine. I will take a look when I return. In the meantime if you can upload a guide file that is causing the issues I will take a look. It looks like there may be some changes in format or the thetvdb format.

CV
Sorry, just noticed that you had replied here. Here is today's xmltv file before running guideplus: Linky.

It's large, 174mb after uncompressing, so not sure if that is the issue, or my 700+ recordings in nPVR, or tvdb, or...

It took 4 hours to complete the guideplus run today.