NextPVR Forums

Full Version: More than one Network Recorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use Martin's Network Recorder with SageGraphRecorder to capture firewire from a cable box. After the digital transition, I now have 2 cable boxes and zero clear QAM, so it would be nice to capture from the two boxes to have two tuners. I have the two boxes connected to the PC and can capture from each using capDVHS and change channels on each using SageChanger. I can't noodle out how to have two instances of SageGraphRecorder. I guess I might need two graphs, one for each of the firewire tuner devices. If there are two graph recorders, I'd think that Network Recorder would show up as two tuners, assuming the port numbers are different, I guess. So, Martin, any help?

Thanks.
You just add a new <NetworkRecorder> block in NetworkRecord.xml for each device/port

For SGraphrecorder start it in a different folder with another port in the ini

Martin
Great, thanks. I'll give it a try. I have a working graph for each tuner device.

The original Moto 6200 STB has 2 firewire ports, so I just daisy-chained the unused port to the new DCX-3200 box, edited the inf driver file, and it "just worked".

IIRC, I omit the device # and instance # elements of the Network Recorder block as those are created when the new tuner is recognized in NPVR. Correct?
Works as promised. Now to see if the pass-through of the first box and the new DCX-3200 box are reliable. A few recordings scheduled. Annoying that the cableco has now marked some additional channels as copy protected. We get both Seattle and Spokane locals (we are equidistant to either) but now the Spokane are CCI 0x02. Go figure.

Thanks as always, Martin.