NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Upgrade Done... NEWA Work Begins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've done a fresh install of Windows and NextPVR on a new SSD for my system drive so I have a separate drive for Recordings (specs in signature). But it never fails... Every upgrade creates issues for my NEWA config.

LiveTV streaming runs great, video & audio are fantastic. As soon as I select Stream Now for a program, I get " *** Starting Stream and then will tranfer window to Streamer page *** " at the bottom of the page and no redirect (the issue is described here, too... http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post476891 ).

The program will start recording, so I can select the option to stream from the Manage Recordings tab. The stream starts, but my VLC client isn't receiving any audio stream. The codec tab in VLC lists no audio track being received. When I watch the recorded file, there is audio and VLC reports the codec (AAC 2-track).

Logs attached... I restarted the service to hopefully keep them small. Sample with both liveTV stream and program streams (I think Smile ).
I will look into it. I am remote the next couple of weeks so it may take a little time.
No rush... Thanks for looking at it when you get a chance. Smile
Since you are busy with life for a few days, I continued looking around the Interwebs to see if others have experienced this issue with VLC. (I wasn't seeing any red flags in the web logs, and I know streaming seems to be fine on the NEWA side of things with no transcoding.)

Many people have reported MP4/AAC audio issues since VLC 2.x was released. I found a forum post and my solution. I'll IM you the details for testing and possible release rather than splashing out an unapproved "fix"/hack.
After 3 clean installs I'm still getting the same issue with NEWA 2.1.3.

When I click on stream video I get this message, I've also attached the web log, after 3 retires I'm at a lost trying to run down the root cause.

Thanks
DJ

Server Error in '/' Application.
The system cannot find the file specified
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

Source Error:
Line 1120:
Line 1121: //Start the VLC process on the server
Line 1122: proc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(psi);
Line 1123:
Line 1124: //Set the priority of the started process based off of user configuration

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\Player2.aspx.cs Line: 1122

Stack Trace:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified]
System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) +1766
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() +130
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) +45
N_EWA.Player2.doPlay() in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\Player2.aspx.cs:1122
N_EWA.Player2.streamButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\Player2.aspx.cs:170
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +96
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +103
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4648
When I upgrade my NEWA version, I stop the NPVR Recording service, rename the C:\users\Public\NPVR\Web folder (something like web_v2.12), make sure that the zip file I've downloaded is unblocked (in the file properties - otherwise all the files extracted could have inherited file permission problems in Win7, and probably Win8), extract the new web directory in the NPVR directory, restart the Recording service and test the web interface.

From the logs, there are multiple files not found, so I wonder if you're being blocked from executing some of the scripts.
Great question kayleigh as I have disabled Windows Firewall I mean killed the service so it's not running, did not install any antivirus the last 2 times to make sure that was not the issues. I mean windows is so stripped down (after windows updates are done if you called that stripped down lol) all I'm running is the require apps so NextPVR will run.

NextPVR 3.2.9 works great as I always test a new install before moving any upgrade into my working PVR that I use everyday just a habit I have. :-)
dljones8053 Wrote:After 3 clean installs I'm still getting the same issue with NEWA 2.1.3.

When I click on stream video I get this message, I've also attached the web log, after 3 retires I'm at a lost trying to run down the root cause.

Thanks
DJ

Server Error in '/' Application.
The system cannot find the file specified
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

Source Error:
Line 1120:
Line 1121: //Start the VLC process on the server
Line 1122: proc = System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(psi);
Line 1123:
Line 1124: //Set the priority of the started process based off of user configuration

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\Player2.aspx.cs Line: 1122

Stack Trace:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified]
System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) +1766
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() +130
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) +45
N_EWA.Player2.doPlay() in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\Player2.aspx.cs:1122
N_EWA.Player2.streamButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\public\Player2.aspx.cs:170
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +96
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +103
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4648

Are you running under a local user account with Admin access or a system account.... at 1st glance looks like the account the npvr service is running under is a restricted/limited system account which doesn't have the authority to start a process on the server.
Thanks for getting back to this issue, the service account is set up per the info on Nextpvr web site to install NEWA as I follow the process you posted.

See attached screen capture. Also my login I'm using the admin user so don't know where this was missed as a standard install if Windows really have such a thing. Big Grin

dj
dljones8053 Wrote:Thanks for getting back to this issue, the service account is set up per the info on Nextpvr web site to install NEWA as I follow the process you posted.

See attached screen capture. Also my login I'm using the admin user so don't know where this was missed as a standard install if Windows really have such a thing. Big Grin

dj

I never was able to get things working with that setup.... I have This account checked and have a local defined user account that has admin access set rather than the local system account.....give that approach a try.
Pages: 1 2