NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Newbie cannot get LiveTV working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a first time install that I have yet to get working. The Hauppauge software set up just fine and is working perfectly. I can view beautiful live TV in the Hauppage WinTV app (53 channels).

OTA is the only thing I'm trying to get working in nPVR. I have only one device: a WinTV-HVR-Hauppauge 955Q.

I'm starting to hack at stuff and run the risk of doing more harm than good. For instance: I went in to Settings, Devices, and deleted everything except the ATSC device since that was the only device I had channels configured for. However, now all the ones I deleted (Analog, QAM, IPTV) are back and seem to be duplicated when I view Settings, Status.

Bottom line: When I choose Live TV from the nPVR main menu, I get a blank (black) window. No video, no audio. I can change channels, but they all behave the same.

I've attached my log files.

Thanks in advance!
Gary
gleeloyd Wrote:I'm starting to hack at stuff and run the risk of doing more harm than good. For instance: I went in to Settings, Devices, and deleted everything except the ATSC device since that was the only device I had channels configured for. However, now all the ones I deleted (Analog, QAM, IPTV) are back and seem to be duplicated when I view Settings, Status.
This is normal, it always lists all the devices it detects in the machine. Don't delete them. Just setup the channels on the device you want to use and ignore the others. The 'delete' function is only really there for getting rid of an older tuner you no longer have.

On the Settings->Decoders page, what MPEG2 and AC3 decoders do you have selected? You'll need these two for ATSC. In the logs it looks like you don't have these decoders set.
Both of those decoders are currently set to Disabled.
That won't work. If you are on Win 7, select the MS DTV-DVD decoder for video. On XP or Win 8, you'll have to install a video decoder, I'm not sure what to suggest, others will. For audio you can download and install the free AC3 Filter decoder. Then, select these in the Decoder settings. Set the audio renderer to Default and the Video Renderer to EVR. Or, see Hoborg's SAF decoder package for NPVR. It's on the forum, search for user Hoborg. Then ask him for the unlocked version.
gleeloyd Wrote:Both of those decoders are currently set to Disabled.
That's your problem. Set them to something.

FYI, NextPVR doesn't come with any decoders (since I'd need to be paying $$$ for patents etc to legally include them). Instead you need to select decoders you already have on your machine. Or install some if you don't already have any.
Problem solved. Thanks!