NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Clear QAM detection problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm struggling to get NextPVR to find some digital QAM channels. I have a TV that can find the QAM channels, so I know they are there. My first try was with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1250 in a Windows 7 64 bit machine, but neither the Hauppauge software nor NextPVR were able to find the channels.

The next try was with an older DVICO FusionHDTV5 Lite in a Windows XP 32 bit installation. I knew this configuration was able to previously receive these digital channels. The software for the card, FusionHDTV 3.90.00, finds the digital channels that I am interested in and it successfully tunes to the channels after the scan is done. They are identified as D1060, D1061, D1071, and D1072 in the screenshot. Within NextPVR the device shows up as QAM FusionHDTV, BDA Tuner. I've scanned using the Default Cable Frequencies and the HRC Cable Frequencies, but nothing is found. I've attached the NextPVR log after the scan was complete.

What I'd really like is to get the Hauppauge card to tune the digital channels, but the DVICO is the only one that I can demonstrate can tune them. What can I do to get these channels detected in NextPVR?
If it's not tuning the channels in with the Hauppauge software, then I suspect the device isn't locking onto the channels, which means NextPVR won't be able to get them either.

Maybe try removing any splitters if you've got them, to make sure the signal is as good as possible. Tuner cards often have tuners that aren't as good as TVs, and often require a better signal.

If that's one of the cards that work with the Hauppauge Signal Monitor utility, it'd be worth running that when you're scanning to see what it says about the signal when you go past channels like 105 etc, which have channels according to your Dvico software.
There are no extra splitters that can be removed. There's just 1 main splitter from the incoming cable from outside and then straight to the TV tuner. The cable itself is RG6.

I tried the Hauppauge Signal Strength Monitor, but when I started it up it says it can't detect a supported ATSC card. I looked in the device manager to make sure there was no devices without a driver, and found the card I bought as a 1250 is really a 1265. I found various posts in other forums saying Hauppauge has recently started shipping 1265 cards as 1250s. That shouldn't matter as far as finding these QAM channels, but the Signal Strength Monitor doesn't list this as a supported card. The DVICO software shows > 90% strength for these channels.