NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ndigitalhost-process does not stop after scheduled recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi,
i am using a technotrend-usb-tuner for scheduled recording of dvb-c. my system runs win7 x64 and the latest npvr.
it's running fine.
....but:
after scheduled recording my tuner remains active as well as ndigitalhost.exe-process. closing the process manually frees and switches off the tuner. the same happens in suspend mode: the tuner stays active, waking up switches it off (edit: ndigitalhost keeps running!).

i suppose the nrecord- process should regularly close ndigitalhost after recording.
the logs say at 2:18(end of recording) that postprocessing.bat is missing.

has anyone an idea why this problem occurs and how i can resolve it?
shall i close ndigitalhost using postprocessing.bat?
edit: using 'taskkill' in postprocessing.bat helps but can't be the solution. perhaps it's a driver-issue.

thanx in advance
I have 3 tuners and there are 3 NDigitalHost.exe processes running all the time. I guess they are started when NRecord.exe start and keep running even when no record are in progress
Handy.Man Wrote:I have 3 tuners and there are 3 NDigitalHost.exe processes running all the time. I guess they are started when NRecord.exe start and keep running even when no record are in progress

@Handy.Man: i have nrecord running but no ndigitalhost after booting, guessing for you it be the same straight after booting.

greetz
exceptor Wrote:i have nrecord running but no ndigitalhost after booting
The ndigitalhost process for a tuner is started when the tuner is first used after a re-boot. The process stays started but idle between uses of the tuner. I believe that the tuner is available for use by other apps when not is use by NextPVR even though the ndigitalhost process is still started.
@Graham: after some more testing i believe like you, ndigitalhost sets free the tuner after use, but in opposite to the original tuner software(tt-viewer) it doesn't switch off the tuner.

strangely it switches off if i kill ndigitalhost or wake up the system from suspend. and also strangely the tt-viewer doesn't switch the tuner off when it was on at tt-viewer start(e.g. after watching/recording with npvr).
that feels like ndigitalhost simply drops the tuner and the bundle software puts it on 'last state'.
reading this thread I'm confused about whether there's an actual problem to be solved or not. NDigitalHost continues to run once started by NRecord, that's how it's supposed to work.
johnsonx42 Wrote:... whether there's an actual problem to be solved ...
Confucius said (or should have said), "Not every query needs to be a problem ... some are striving for enlightenment."
johnsonx42 Wrote:reading this thread I'm confused about whether there's an actual problem to be solved or not. NDigitalHost continues to run once started by NRecord, that's how it's supposed to work.

the problem is that the tuner stays on when the system switches to suspend mode and it's not meant work as heater. taskkill in postprocessing.bat helps but can't be the solution.
any idea for fixing?

edit: the tuner also stays on after watching live-tv using npvr and always killing ndigitalhost after is not funny
The process stays running, on the assumption it's going to be used again, but it's not using the tuner. It stops and releases tuner as soon as your recording/livetv session is done. ie, the process is sitting their doing nothing, just waiting for the next request.
sub Wrote:The process stays running, on the assumption it's going to be used again, but it's not using the tuner. It stops and releases tuner as soon as your recording/livetv session is done. ie, the process is sitting their doing nothing, just waiting for the next request.

thanks for your answer.

your statement is all clear and understandable.
...but... my usb-tuner keeps running(control-led + heat indicate this). it seems like the process stops the stream but keeps contact to the usb-device. by this the device does not switch off. killing the host process lets the device switch off completely. for me seems more senseful letting the record process start(it does anyway) and stop the host process. ...or... switching off the tuner by host process when it's not used(as the bundle software does). sadly i am missing needed programming skills.
i like npvr and i want it perfect, sorry.
Pages: 1 2