NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recurring recordings not scheduled for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been irritating me for a while, but I finally got around to examining the db3 this morning. 1) I use guideplus. 2) Recurring recordings of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart have been missing most of the time, so I have manually recorded individual episodes.

Checking out the EPG_EVENT table, I noticed that the subtitle is showing up as s00e000. Like tonight's is s19e158. But the unique_id is Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The*-s19e15. Finally I realized that it's only carrying the first 2 digits of the episode. I thought it was because of only using 2 digits, but now see that shows such as The Amazing Race show up in the subtitle as s25e01, but the unique_id converts to Amazing Race, The*-s025e001.

Everything will be fine for 6 months, because season 20 starts this Wednesday, but I thought that I would see if I could do something to defeat this!
If I understand correctly ... the failure to record occurs because NextPVR generates a unique-id that is based on the series & episode numbers and that unique-id only uses the first two digits of the episode number. You may need to ask The Boss to change the code that generates the unique-id. There is a tick box in Settings ---> Recordings that enables and disables the use of the unique-id ... un-tick "Avoid duplicate recordings ..." and NextPVR should record as you expect ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?....Recording