NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Unable to start service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting the following error message when attempting to restart the recording service [edit]logs attached:-
has something changed on your setup or config??
2014-09-27 14:39:30.359 [ERROR][1] Unexpected socket exception calling StartStream(): System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8968

This is typically a firewall issue. You need to allow Nrecord.exe, NDigitalHost.exe and NextPVR.exe through the windows firewall (or any other firewall software you may have installed).
Removed all the channels and went into device setup again. Now get this pop-up when attempting to watch a live programme from the epg. I'm using Remote Desktop connection onto the Server. So nothing going via a firewall using this method. New error message but still not able to watch live
Have now updated firewall for NDigitalHost.exe, the others were already allowed through and now I'm viewing NPVR from the laptop. Error message now gone but the client says it can't find the device for viewing live TV.
I'm using Remote Desktop connection onto the Server. So nothing going via a firewall using this method.
Not true. the npvr client communicates with the NRecord service on the same machine via tcp/ip and therefore all 3 programmes mentioned require access through the firewall.

Are you trying to watch live-tv over remote desktop? I'm pretty sure you don't want to do that.
Old versions of remote desktop are incompatible with video playback by the video renderer that NextPVR uses. Try the testing it locally on the machine.
Am I missing something useful here....? Why would you watch via remote desktop when you can just use your other machine as a client? Surely the experience is better through a client, rather than remote desktopping into your npvr server?!?
Because for some reason my laptop (client) won't shut down when recordings are going on. So I RDP onto the server instead. Granted I wouldn't be doing this in a stable environment but I haven't achieved that yet.

In response to my own posts, all those error messages went away after I rebooted the Server. So still don't know what caused it, but for now the problem has gone away.
Now get, when trying to view live TV on the client a message that says "Failed to load ffmpeg.dll", then NPVR just shuts down???
Lets's see

- Running NTray can block sleep .
- I was going to suggest the server reboot but I felt that was too obvious
- For ffmpeg that is a codec issue nothing to do with NextPVR Google is your friend.

Martin