NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playing a recording takes 14 seconds to start on a new windows client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've bought myself a new toy: a gigabyte brix 2807. I've installed Windows 8.1 and nextpvr to use as a client. Everything works fine, but when I play a recording (HD) it takes 14 seconds until it starts. When I play the same recording with Windows Media Player it starts in 3 seconds. I've also installed xbmc and that starts it from xnewa within a second (wow). I haven't checked it for a SD recording, since I haven't installed a mpeg2 decoder yet. Logs attached, what can I do about this little problem?

Chris
It looks like it spent 10 seconds of that time adding the video decoder. I'm guessing it's something screwy about the decoder. If you select a different video decoder, does it make a difference?
I have the same unit and have no delay in playback - running Windows 8.1 and installed SAF decoder pack, so using CyberLink Video Decoder. Recordings generally take 2-5 seconds to start on both my clients, I think some delay is due to comskip initial skipping. All my recordings are from HDHR devices and are mpeg2.
Thanks guys. I've installed ffdshow and now the video starts within a few seconds. I still find it odd that it takes so long with the H.264 decoder from Windows 8.1, but using ffdshow is fine with me.

Chris
It's probably calling back to Redmond to check your license.