NextPVR Forums

Full Version: turning up logging on postprocessing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to get NPVR to write the output (which is getting written to stdout) in my PostProcessing.bat to the NPVR or NRecord logs?

I'm attempting to debug some issues with a homebrewed postprocessing script, and it doesn't seem to write the same output to the log that I get when I run my postprocessing script manually from the console.
NextPVR just launches PostProcessing.bat if it exists. It doesn't wait for it to complete, or monitor it's output. You'd need to put your own logging in your batch file if you need this.
Got it. thanks
SickBoy Wrote:I'm attempting to debug some issues with a homebrewed postprocessing script, and it doesn't seem to write the same output to the log that I get when I run my postprocessing script manually from the console.

manually running npvr scripts are run under the user you log on as. when run automatically from npvr they run under the SYSTEM user (unless changed).
The environment is quite a lot different between the two.
martint123 Wrote:manually running npvr scripts are run under the user you log on as. when run automatically from npvr they run under the SYSTEM user (unless changed).
The environment is quite a lot different between the two.

Indeed. I figured out that it was VideoRedo that I was getting tripped up on. Once VRD was initialized properly under the system user, everything started working fine.