NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Customize Nextpvr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, at first I think Nextpvr is the best media center i ve tested since now.

i like its simplicity.
But because of that I miss some things.

At first I need something to shutdown the pc when a recording is done.
I like to see animations(animated video) when I listen to music, (like in XBMC).
When I start livetv I dures a while , can I accelerate it somehow?
Is there a german lanuage pack?

I have not much time in the moment to search about, thats why I ask.

Regards djevil
welcome to the forum and NextPVR community!

At first I need something to shutdown the pc when a recording is done.
No you don't ! - you might have another recording due to start straight afterwards. What people generally do it configure windows to go to standby after X minutes of idle. I think nextpvr sends "stay awake" signals to windows when it is recording. scheduled recording times are added to a table in the bios so the PC knows when to wake from standby to record a show.

I like to see animations(animated video) when I listen to music, (like in XBMC).
I don't recall seeing a plugin with this feature. you can add XBMC as a task within the Nextpvr menu (and call it Music) to launch XBMC for your music needs.

When I start livetv I dures a while , can I accelerate it somehow?
No idea. Reproduce the problem and then zip and post your log files so people can see what is happenign and advise you. Factors include tuner type, drivers and decoder.

Is there a german lanuage pack?
No idea. We appear to have Czech, Danish and Finnish languages to choose from. This may be your big chance to make a contribution to the project!