NextPVR Forums

Full Version: nPVR importing and showing season/episode data on the EPG.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Issue:
EPG and TV Listings are not showing Season and Episode data due to EPG Event table not being populated during an xmtv import.

By Manually altering the season and episode columns in the EPG_Event table within the npvr.db3 database I can confirm that Season and Episode data are shown within the EPG/TV Listings (as shown by attached snapshots).

I altered season and episode to be 7 (everything else shows 0) for X Factor Australia. You can notice (snapshot in attached zip file) that it now shows (Season 7, Episode 7).

All the main TV Stations in NZ (on freeview HD at least) supply season / episode data for their main popular programs. I’m not angling at using the season/episode data for prevention of duplicate recordings or anything (as some other posts mention) – I’m just aware when the season and episode fields are populated in the database, then they are displayed in the EPG. I would very much like this to happen, since its just a matter of getting the season and episode fields to be populated during import process.

Data output from the EPG Collector has the following present in the xmltv file...
<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">1 . 4 . 0/1</episode-num>

This however fails to be imported during the nightly EPG import of the xmltv files and does not populate the season and episode fields in the database. This may be by nPVR design?? or maybe something is tripping up the EPG Import process ?

Is this a matter of the output from the EPG collector being in the wrong format - in which case they may need to fix this (i have the valid season/episode option chosen) ... or does nPVR simply not import it?

I hope this is not a major one to rectify.
Thanks in Advance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39060[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39061[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39062[/ATTACH]
It was expecting a slightly different format. I've added support for this format in the next release.
sub Wrote:It was expecting a slightly different format. I've added support for this format in the next release.

Thanks for the quick reply Sub Smile
Ill look forward to the next release.