NextPVR Forums

Full Version: resore recordings database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish to restore recordings database using Vidinfo after a hard drive change..

I presume the file is recordings.xml under c:/users/public.npvr. If not how can I find it?
Using vidimport do I have to just enter the filename or the whole path?
Drop and drag defaults to Videos.xml so I have to use a script.

Can anybody help please.
Sample script would be great
The recording-dump.xml file in c:\users\public\npvr is meant to be imported in NextPVR "Settings->Recordings->Import Recordings". I don't know what Vidinfo is or does.

If my answer doesn't make sense, then I have not understood your question.
johnsonx42 Wrote:The recording-dump.xml file in c:\users\public\npvr is meant to be imported in NextPVR "Settings->Recordings->Import Recordings". I don't know what Vidinfo is or does.

If my answer doesn't make sense, then I have not understood your question.

My apologies. I am using vidimport

I just want to know where to save the recorded tv programs from the hard drive so NPVR can see them. My understanding is that they need to be imported to a specific XML file.
npvr doesn't automatically "see" your import file. In Settings->Recordings->Import Recordings you simply pick the xml file with the standard windows file picker dialog, so whatever .xml file vidimport creates is fine.

If for whatever reason vidimport doesn't do what you need, attached you'll find an old batch file that reads the metadata out of recordings created with NextPVR and builds a "recording-dump.xml" file which you would then import the same way. The simplest way to run it is to put the .bat file in the top-level recordings folder and double-click it (well, unzip it first). I have no idea who wrote it, the author didn't see fit to credit himself within the file, so the origins are lost in the mists of time.
you can drag and dump folder onto vidimport.exe which gives you a file called video.xml then select import in settings and select that file
or
save following as whatever.bat, place that and vidimport.exe to the same place as your recordings folder, then run it
i leave the pause so i can what has happened crude but it works for me

vidimport.exe G:\ import=off imdb=off XmlOut=videos.xml
pause

change "G:\" to where your recordings are think from memory you need to save recordings to a folder as it wont scan the top directory or something weird like that
stustunz Wrote:you can drag and dump folder onto vidimport.exe which gives you a file called video.xml then select import in settings and select that file
or
save following as whatever.bat, place that and vidimport.exe to the same place as your recordings folder, then run it
i leave the pause so i can what has happened crude but it works for me

vidimport.exe G:\ import=off imdb=off XmlOut=videos.xml
pause

change "G:\" to where your recordings are think from memory you need to save recordings to a folder as it wont scan the top directory or something weird like that

Thank you - worked fine. Used option 1 dragged and dropped then imported XML file.

Hope this thread is helpful to others.

Cheers