NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recurring Recordings not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So since updating to this version, individually scheduled recordings still work just fine - recurring recordings however appear to record once, bit never again.

I was looking through the log and noticed a lot of "Channel uses broadcast EPG connected to non-existant capture source:"

On the previous version I upgraded from a USB capture card to a shiny PCI one - seems to me like it might be related....

I'm not overly worried if I have to replace my database and start from scratch, somewhere along the line the search / recordings from NEWA stopped working, and when I replaced the card I messed around a bit to try to shift recordings from SD channels to HD channels. Just thought I would ask first in case somebody was able to say "easy problem - all you need to do is ....."

Cheers in advance!
Posting that nice log you were looking through would have been best. However...

look in your devices list and make sure you don't have any tuners marked Enabled but not Present. Also it would be best, but not usually necessary, to delete all the channels from any tuners you're no longer using.
then go into the Channels list and make sure all your channels have valid EPG mappings. Finally exit NextPVR and restart the recording service, or just reboot. Then go into Settings->Channels and click Update EPG.
Err yeah - good point, well made! I zipped them up but forgot to attach!

Will try your suggestion when I get home and if no luck will attach the logs!

Cheers!
johnsonx42 Wrote:Posting that nice log you were looking through would have been best. However...

look in your devices list and make sure you don't have any tuners marked Enabled but not Present. Also it would be best, but not usually necessary, to delete all the channels from any tuners you're no longer using.
then go into the Channels list and make sure all your channels have valid EPG mappings. Finally exit NextPVR and restart the recording service, or just reboot. Then go into Settings->Channels and click Update EPG.

Attached now Smile

I had the IPTV tuner enabled, but it always has been.

I had a quick look at the database and the OID column in the EPG_EVENT table corresponds to entries in the OID column of the CHANNEL table. (The update source is set to <epg> for all channels - (I'm using UK Freeview so just using OTA EPG)

Cheers again!
So I took the plunge, renamed the old directory, uninstalled, then re-installed. I then imported the existing recordings which I thought was going to just import the old files, but it imported all of my scheduled recordings - brilliant!

If I knew it was going to be that easy I would have done it ages ago!

Is there an easy way to re-import the existing recordings, or better to just give up and start fresh?
your old npvr directory will have both the recording-backup.xml and recurring-backup.xml (plus .1 and .2 prior versions of each). You've apparently imported the recurring-backup, so now import the recording-backup.
Wow - nearly 2000 recordings later - Thank you very much!