NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NextVT + InfiniTV Channel Scan - no channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a newbie trying to install NextPVR on a Win7 64 machine with Ceton InfiniTV4 for digital cable access. The InfiniTV4 works fine with Windows Media Center but NextPVR shows no channels in device setup.

Here is my installation sequence:

NPVRSetup_3_3_8.exe
SageDCT 2.7.2
Run SageDCT, Discovery, Scan, and detected these devices:
[INDENT]Ceton InfiniTV Tuner 1 port 6970[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Ceton InfiniTV Tuner 2 port 6979[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Ceton InfiniTV Tuner 3 port 6975[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Ceton InfiniTV Tuner 4 port 6972[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Generate Assignment, save to DCD.txt[/INDENT]
Download NetworkRecorder.dll and saved to \Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\NetworkRecorder
Stop NPVR service using Task Manager
Create NetworkRecorder.xml in \Users\Public\NPVR\Plugins\NetworkRecorder
Edit NetworkRecorder.xml to show four <PluginSettings>, one for each tuner
Start NPVR service
Run NextPVR
[INDENT]Settings..Devices shows four NetworkRecorder devices, all present, enabled, 0 channels[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Settings..Channels has no entries in table[/INDENT]
[INDENT]Click Update EPG. Get brief "Updating Recording Schedule", but table remains blank[/INDENT]
Set up account at SchedulesDirect.org, 7 day trial, select local cable lineup
Edit \Users\Public\NPVR\config.xml to add login info for SchedulesDirect:
[INDENT]<SchedulesDirectUsername>myusername</SchedulesDirectUsername>[/INDENT]
[INDENT]<SchedulesDirectPassword>mypassword</SchedulesDirectPassword>[/INDENT]
Many restarts, reboots, still unable to populate channels

The Read Before Posting FAQ says "For digital devices of all types, you MUST do a channel scan to find the channels", so I try this:

NextPVR...Settings...Devices
[INDENT] There is no "channel scan" button
double click on the first NetworkRecorder entry brings up ConfigurationForm dialog
click Import to display Import Channel List dialog
With source = XMLTV, OK gives nothing (c:\temp\TVGUIDE.xml does not exist)
Select source = Schedules Direct and click OK
[INDENT]This gives unhandled exception message - no visual style active
continue -- Lineup is Xed out[/INDENT][/INDENT]

Still no channels

Attachment npvr.zip contains the log and also the contents of the exception message.

What am I missing?
There is no scan in Network Recorder. If you don't want to manually input channels, you will need a valid xmltv file or better yet a SchedulesDirect account.

Martin
flit619 Wrote:The Read Before Posting FAQ says "For digital devices of all types, you MUST do a channel scan to find the channels"....
yeah, sorry, a Network Recorder device sets up more like an analog device in that regard, as does a Colossus or HD-PVR2. I don't have room in that document to cover every exception, but I will see if I can make the wording better.
mvallevand Wrote:There is no scan in Network Recorder. If you don't want to manually input channels, you will need a valid xmltv file or better yet a SchedulesDirect account.

Martin

I signed up for a ScheduleDirect account but haven't figured out how to bring it into NextPVR. Manual entry is also an option, at least for getting started. I've been searching for instructions for setting up either, but with no luck so far. Can you point me to some useful links? The NextPVR manual seems kind of vague.
flit619 Wrote:I signed up for a ScheduleDirect account but haven't figured out how to bring it into NextPVR. Manual entry is also an option, at least for getting started. I've been searching for instructions for setting up either, but with no luck so far. Can you point me to some useful links? The NextPVR manual seems kind of vague.

Ah yes, you may need to enable Aero and apply all the patches to get around "This gives unhandled exception message - no visual style active"

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:Ah yes, you may need to enable Aero and apply all the patches to get around "This gives unhandled exception message - no visual style active"

Martin

Amazing--never would have thought of Aero! That eliminated the exception message and got me through Import Channel List to the dialog to log into Schedules Direct and import the channels. Thanks for your help.
Here's an update on the fix for the unhandled exception message when importing Schedules Direct.

I've never been a fan of Aero -- I prefer a clean Windows Classic desktop. After a bit of experimenting, I found how to avoid the exception without having the full Aero experience.
Got to Control Panel...System...Advanced system settings...Advanced tab...Performance...Settings
Check the box for Use visual styles on windows and buttons.