NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hauppauge HD PVR 2: RCA audio setting not remembered
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I just started using (or at least started setting up) NextPVR with my HD PVR 2 and have run into a few snags. One of them is that when I choose HDMI for the video source and RCA L/R for the audio source, every time I return to the device setup, the audio has been switched back to HDMI audio.

Ideally, I'd love to use HDMI audio and preserve all 5.1 audio, but any time the audio signal momentarily drops out or changes to stereo, the HD PVR 2 kinda freaks out (glitches, stops recording, freezes, etc). Over the past year, I've realized that I get 100% reliable recordings through Hauppauge Capture by using 2-channel RCA audio, so I'd prefer to use this in NextPVR as well.

Any idea if this is a known problem?

The other problem is getting the channels to change via the IR blaster, but I guess I'll have to look into that more because I assume somewhere I need to actually enter in my cable box model number. If there's a quick guide on this for the HD PVR 2, feel free to send a link my way. Thanks.
The inputs at the top of the screen are only used for new channels that get created. A copy of the selected input gets stored with the channel. You'll see the input for each channel next to each channel. ie, it doesn't matter what the inputs are set to at the top of the screen.
alexpigment Wrote:Hello all. I just started using (or at least started setting up) NextPVR with my HD PVR 2 and have run into a few snags. One of them is that when I choose HDMI for the video source and RCA L/R for the audio source, every time I return to the device setup, the audio has been switched back to HDMI audio.

Ideally, I'd love to use HDMI audio and preserve all 5.1 audio, but any time the audio signal momentarily drops out or changes to stereo, the HD PVR 2 kinda freaks out (glitches, stops recording, freezes, etc). Over the past year, I've realized that I get 100% reliable recordings through Hauppauge Capture by using 2-channel RCA audio, so I'd prefer to use this in NextPVR as well.

Any idea if this is a known problem?

The other problem is getting the channels to change via the IR blaster, but I guess I'll have to look into that more because I assume somewhere I need to actually enter in my cable box model number. If there's a quick guide on this for the HD PVR 2, feel free to send a link my way. Thanks.

To elaborate on sub's first answer, when using HDMI video and analog 2-channel audio input, the suffix that I see at the bottom for each channel is "(HDMI)". If I were to select HDMI video and HDMI audio at the top when adding my channels, the suffix at the bottom would say "(HDMI, HDMI)".
Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't familiar with the concept of the channels storing the recording settings rather than the device itself. I'll take a look at this when I get home. Hopefully it doesn't involve editing the sources on a lot of channels or reimporting them Wink
You can select the "bad" entries and then right click andd then update them to the current setting that is showing.

Martin
alexpigment Wrote:Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't familiar with the concept of the channels storing the recording settings rather than the device itself.
It's so you could have channels from multiple different sources if you wanted, like some from HDMI, and some from Component.
Makes perfect sense. I was able to do a batch update to the current setting. Thanks again.