NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ImageGrabLite "Read Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting this error "Read Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object." For "NRL Rugby" games it did work for a game before.
I'm wondering if it's trying to get something from the TVDB that doesn't exist? I don't actually need it to fetch metadata or images from TVDB at all... Actually all I need ImageGrabLite to do is to rename the games from "NRL Rugby ##########.ts" to "NRL Rugby Eels vs Rabbitohs.ts" Using the "--subtitle" command I had it working and it still works for other shows.

I have noticed that in the Plugins/Searchlite folder there is another folder called /Skips containing *******.skip files ... I'm just taking a stab in the dark here but could I manually make a NRL Rugby.skip file to make imagegrablite not search TVDB but still rename the games? Or is that totally unrelated?

I would test this before asking but it'll be another week until an NRL game is on and I'd like to have this fixed before then.

Thanks so much for your help!

Imagegrablite.log attached

***EDIT***

Looking at the C:\Users\Public\NPVR\Media\Shows\NRL Rugby.xml file and comparing it to other shows .xml files I noticed that <fanart> is pointing to a location online at TVRage.com. For the rest of my shows it points to a local file it had downloaded. The NRL Rugby.jpg file does exist in that folder. Could pointing <fanart> to the local file clear this up?
Maybe try the latest beta version http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post485148 I now I added some tvrage workarounds not too long ago.

Martin
EDIT** I am now running the Beta version from your post Martin. Thanks

Okay... Finally, there's a game on tonight... Should I delete the NPVR/Media/Shows/NRL Rugby.xml before the recording tonight?
I wouldn't bother, if it's not on thetvdb it won't matter.

Martin
Great I'll update you tomorrow let you know how the new beta version worked out.
Set 2 games to record last night. Both exactly where they need to be this morning. Problem Solved. Thanks Martin!
The message "Object not set to instance of Object" means that you are trying to use an object which has not been initialized. That is, you either set it to null, or you never set it to anything at all. The runtime throwing a NullReferenceException always means the same thing: you are trying to use a reference. The reference is not initialized (or it was initialized, but is no longer initialized). More about....NullReferenceException

Rino