NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tuner card not getting channels my TV does
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have digital cable through Cox and I have 1 HDDVR from them and 3 other TV's around the house that all get around 150+ channels with being just plugged into the wall with no set top box. I just got a TV tuner card for my desktop to use with a projector in my game room but it only picks up 27 channels that are mostly news and boring stuff. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I've tried scanning with all of the detected devices and with all different combinations of scan settings. Any help is greatly appreciated.
The missing channels are probably old analog standard channels, and you're only scanning for digital channels.

If you're using Hauppauge cards you can install WinTV7 or WinTV8, and this will enable analog support, and you'll see a new analog device on the Settings->Devices screen.
I'll try installing WinTV but as of now these are the devices I have, and I've scanned with all 4 of those.
whiterabbit Wrote:I'll try installing WinTV but as of now these are the devices I have, and I've scanned with all 4 of those.
Yep, as suspected, it's only listing the digital devices. Analog is not showing as an option because your machine doesn't have the softpvr components installed.

Since you're using a less common device, you'll most likely need to add a definition to the AnalogDevices.xml file.
sub Wrote:Since you're using a less common device, you'll most likely need to add a definition to the AnalogDevices.xml file.
http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...alogDevice
Thanks for all the help, I finally have it working. This thing was driving me crazy. I had to add the analog version to the xml file. Smile
If you want to post the section you added to AnalogDevices.xml, I'll add it to the master file, so that it works for other users in the future.
<Device filter="ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog Capture">
<Name>ASUS PS3-110 BDA Analog Capture</Name>
<Type>SOFT_ENCODE</Type>
</Device>
Thanks!