NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Internal Error 500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

First post for help.

I am running NextPVR 3.3.8 with a HDHR prime (3 tuner). I use schedules direct for channels. On the same machine (i5 NUC) I am running MediaBrowser now Emby. Recently, all live tv and EPG have not been able to be seen in emby and under the Live TV tab I get an Internal Error 500. I can see live tv on my Amazon Fire TV's that are pointed at NextPVR and all my recordings are working from Kodi.

When working with the Emby tech he had me run the following:

http://localhost:8866/public/Util/NPVR/Client Instantiate which gives me the following:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 97, position 33.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 97, position 33.

Source Error:

Line 788:
Line 789: if (File.Exists(GetWebConfigFileName()))
Line 790: configWeb.Load(GetWebConfigFileName());
Line 791:
Line 792: globalSettings = new HybridDictionary();

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\App_Code\Classes\Settings.cs Line: 790

I cant quite understand what is going on here. I sawthat there are no patches yet for 3.3.8 so I am just running the stock release.

I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
kps
kps Wrote:I saw that there are no patches yet for 3.3.8 so I am just running the stock release.

And then ... all of a sudden ...

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...nt-Patches

Not that any seem relevant to your situation.
Graham Wrote:And then ... all of a sudden ...

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...nt-Patches

Not that any seem relevant to your situation.

I did install the patches for epg, schedules direct etc. I meant that there was no cumulative patch for 3.3.8

Still have the same issue from Emby.

Next Pvr

Unknown Up to date!

Status: Unavailable (The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)
This should have been posted in the NEWA forum so UJB could look at it and it likely will be moved

To test try

http://localhost:8866/api from your browser

click on UtilService to expand the option and then

choose /public/Util/NPVR/Client/Instantiate and click the "Try ot out!" button

After that compress and post web.log and the

Martin
Martin,

Thanks. I went to localhost:8866/api and got the following:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 97, position 33.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 97, position 33.

Source Error:

Line 788:
Line 789: if (File.Exists(GetWebConfigFileName()))
Line 790: configWeb.Load(GetWebConfigFileName());
Line 791:
Line 792: globalSettings = new HybridDictionary();

Source File: c:\Users\Public\NPVR\web\App_Code\Classes\Settings.cs Line: 790

I have also posted the web.log

Thanks,
Kevin
Unfortunately that's totally useless for debugging Emby with NEWA because you are also running the spammy Kodi PVR at the same time.

Martin
Martin,

I do not know what you mean.

My setup has Emby with the nextpvr plugin on the same machine as nextpvr.

my kodi Amazon fire tv's run the nextpvr add-on and have no issue scheduling recordings, playing back recordings, getting epg (slow), and seeing live tv.

emby also can serve recordings done by nextpvr to my computers/tablet/phones either inside my lan or from the outside.

I do not undeterstand how a "spammy Kodi pvr" will effect the response from nextpvr to Emby. Also, why can I not run the localhost:8866/api command at all?
There's nothing you can do about that other than turn off your FTV and redo the test. There are too many log entries to see the NEWA testing.

Martin
Retested. Same result. I uninstalled NextPVR, wiped the public/npvr directory out and reinstalled.
Now after setting up HDHR and the first couple of channels (auto fill with schedules direct did not work even with patch) I get the followisng when starting the server: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start the NPVR Recording Service on computer..--> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception. THe system connot find the file specified. Unable to start service

I am going to uninstall again and reinstall 3.3.8 and patches and see if I can replicate or it was just a failed install.
Unfortunately uninstalling doesn't do a good job of removing the recording service.

Martin
Pages: 1 2