NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New home - new setup. Multiswitch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having used NPVR for a few months to trial it out and get it ready for my new home, the time has come to move and put a setup together.

Currently:
Single dish, pointing at Sky 28.2E
Single DVBT Aerial.
1x Quad DVBS Card (only 2 ch used)
1x Quad DVBT Card (all 4 ch used)

I have three clients around the house and it's all perfect. I can view DVBT HD and Sky FTA fine - I've also successfully used my viewing card in a reader, but thats' by-the-by.

My next set up will be a lot of more involved, and it's going to an empty house so I want to do it right. Presently, I've thought of:

1.0m dish
Multiconnect 4 LNB holder
4 x LNB (Was thinking of 3x Dual, direct to the PC. 1x Quad with 2 in to Sky box and 2 into the PC)
Satellites will be:
Eurobird @ 9E (Dual)
Hotbird @ 13E (Dual)
Astra1 @ 19.2E (Dual)
Astra2 @ 28.2E (Quad - 2 into NPVR, 2 into STB as a backup).

I'll have 2 x Quad DVBS cards to take the 8 inputs and distribute around.
Each room will have a TV + Kodi over ethernet, 8 rooms in total. Most likely to have 4 instances at anyone time.

People keep telling me I need a multiswitch, but do in this instance?
Each manufacturer implements diseqc a different way, so I have to implement support for switches separately for each manufacturers devices. Hauppauge devices are well supported, FireDTV devices were also supported, as were TechnoTrend devices. TBS diseqc may work - I've added support for these, but I'm not sure it's ever been tested.

There is support for some more types in the next release.