NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Live TV Buffer files deleted while paused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Windows 8.1 64bit all local.
Nextpvr V3.3.8
Kodi Helix V14.2
Kodi add on NextPVR client 1.9.21

Settings-misc live tv buffer is set to time, as that is was is used by the Kodi add on, however issue is preset when using the Nextpvr GUI, so I think this is a issue with the core software not the add on.

When I pause live tv the live tv buffer files are created as expected however they are deleted as per the normal cycle, which means you can't continue to watch as the next file is deleted.

The following might help to explain it.

Start watching live tv after 30 mins the following live tv buffer files are created (each file is 6:41min long):
live-TENDigital-3240-1.ts
live-TENDigital-3240-1-3.ts
live-TENDigital-3240-1-4.ts
live-TENDigital-3240-1-5.ts
For some reason the first file is never deleted, the last three files cycle, eg live-TENDigital-3240-1-6.ts is created then live-TENDigital-3240-1-3.ts is deleted. This seems ok, apart from the first file not being deleted.

When live tv is first paused the files look like:
live-TENDigital-3240-1-4.ts
live-TENDigital-3240-1-5.ts
live-TENDigital-3240-1-6.ts

After 45 or so minutes of being paused then play resumed the files look like:
live-TENDigital-3240-1-6.ts
live-TENDigital-3240-1-16.ts
live-TENDigital-3240-1-17.ts
live-TENDigital-3240-1-18.ts

This causes Nextpvr client to hang and Kodi helix V13.2 to hang and eventually says Tuner no longer available after a few minutes of play.

Looks like file 6 was unable to be deleted as it was the one in use at the time of pause, when play resumes it plays the rest of file 6 then hangs as there is no file 7 to play!

I have seen a few threads that mention this amongst other live tv issues, but I can't find any solutions.
Has this issue been addressed, or does it need investigation?

I can't use EPG buffer mode as it's not supported by the Kodi add on.

Regard.
If you set it to have a 30 minute pause buffer, then pause for 4 hours, then press play, I'd expect it to start playback at about the -30:00 minute mark. At least that's how it's supposed to behave in NextPVR, not entirely clear how Kodi will behave. So yes, it'll delete buffer files while paused.

If you want to be able to pause for a day, and continue to play exactly where you left off, then you'll need to set a much larger pause buffer.
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The strange part about it is that all the files are kept while it is paused, when you press play they get deleted.

Where do I set the buffer time? Can't see it in the setting?

Regards.
Ok, I found and set this to 10800 decimal eg 3hrs.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NPVR\SlipSeconds=xxxx

If not specified in the registry, the default is 1200 (decimal DWORD).

Testing now to see if it fixes my issue.