NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Was there a fix for server going to sleep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was there ever a fix to keep the server awake when using the Samsung app? I've been catching up with the F1 practice and when the video froze, I eventually realised the server had gone to sleep. I don't normally have the problem as I postprocess the recordings to MPG for easier navigation with the app and copy to my tiny always on microserver and view from there.
martint123 Wrote:Was there ever a fix to keep the server awake when using the Samsung app? I've been catching up with the F1 practice and when the video froze, I eventually realised the server had gone to sleep. I don't normally have the problem as I postprocess the recordings to MPG for easier navigation with the app and copy to my tiny always on microserver and view from there.

Hi Martin,

Sorry you still have this problem one year on since first asking about it.

I don't know if there is something I can do from the client side to prevent the server from going to sleep. We'll have to ask sub about this one.

@sub
Server may go to sleep while watching a recording using the Smart TV app.
While playing the only activity from the client except for the streaming itself is the call to set current playing position every 5 secs.

Is there anything else I can do client side to prevent Martins server from going to sleep?

/Fred
I don't know if you can do it in the Samsung app but I have x-newa web client send a WOL when I need to call the API. My backend is on an SSD and it only takes 10 seconds to come back to set resumed/watched. Then again I don't set the resume point every 5 seconds which should be enough to prevent sleep if the sleep network monitoring is working.

Another Martin
I had the same problem with my BDF6500, try this program it works quite well.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SO...able.shtml
Thanks for that, it looks like the easiest solution for now. I'll give it a whirl.