NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can nextpvr be used with roku?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time posting here.I have a roku 2 with the Time -Warner app,I am looking for a way to add a pvr to the roku so I can record weekly shows and time shift too like thier PVR and use it in my family room instead of having to get another pvr?
You can use the PlayOn Plugin to display local content (i.e. shows you've recorded via NextPVR) on the Roku. The plugin also provide access to a large variety of content for your Roku.
There have been Poko channels posted but the Plex plugin for Nextpvr is probably the best choice. I don't know what the current state of the Roku is but for the longest time it was h264 only not mpeg2video as used in North America.

Martin
I'm about to give NextPVR a try. I've ordered a Hauppauge card for my PC. I mainly use a TabloTV and record OTA channels but I can't get all of the local channels with my antenna.

So the tuner card and NextPVR will supplement my setup (I get clear QAM local channels still from my cable company). It sounds like the Plex plugin will be the best way to watch recordings on my Roku. I already have Plex running on my PC.

Can I watch as show, from the beginning, as it's currently being recorded, like a typical DVR? If so, can I do this on the Roku via the Plex plugin?