NextPVR Forums

Full Version: unable to find available capture device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

About 1-2 days ago my setup, which has been working perfectly the past 2 years, suddendly stopped working. When trying to run LiveTV I get the following error: "unable to find available capture device". Please not that no changes has been made to the setup of any kind, this just came out of the blue. When checking settings and devices both my devices show as "Non-present" but enabled. Looking in system devices they both appear under USB Generic devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Run filtercheck.exe and post the filtercheck.log it creates.

Also worth visiting the Settings->Devices screen, and posting the npvr.log file.

These two logs should tell us why it's not showing up. As much as you think nothing has changed on your machine, I bet something has. It might have seemed totally innocuous at the time.
Hi. Thanks for your swift reply. Attached is the two logfiles you asked for.

If someone changed on the server it was maybe done by windows update etc. The server is standing alone in a server room with no one having access than me. I haven't changed any configurations on it the past year. But, when it stopped working I upgraded it to the latest version in hopes that it would help - it did not.

Thanks!
Yep, there is no capture device installed.

Maybe check it's still plugged in correctly and hasn't wriggled free. If it's connected correctly, but still not showing up, then maybe you device has failed (like capacitors failed or similar).
Both, at the same time? Smile ok. I'll go there and check! Thanks
It's definitely not a NextPVR thing. The filtercheck log shows there is nothing tuners present in your Windows install. If Windows can't see the device, then NextPVR isn't going to be able to use them.