NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Help on frame loss when minimizing NEXTPVR window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello there community.

I got a simple question, I've recently found this program and it suits my needs to use my Happauge HD PVR Rocket, now i figured out how to make it run properly every time i want to record or stream but my problem is that when minimizing the NEXTPVR window the framerate drops from 60 to 30, and i really want the recording to be 60FPS constantly and to be able to minimize the window when necessary, is there anybody that can help me? i cant find any option to let it continue to run fully rendering the video even tho its minimized.

please help, and thank you for your time and patience
Kees Rodriguez.
Minimizing the nextpvr.exe window wont make any difference to the frame rate of your recording. The recording is happening in a different process (nrecord.exe), and nextpvr.exe is simplying playing the file that nrecord.exe is recording. It has no control over the contents of it.
If you want i can make a quick video of what happens when i minimize it, i do notice a frame drop from 60 to 30, and with nvidias shadowplay i can see the actual frames of the window when i minimize it, also i only have a nextpvr.exe window and not a nrecord.exe, maybe i dont use that at all (pls show me how i can use it if so), what i use is live recording to be able to stream it directly.
I'm guessing it's some playback issue with the video decoders or video renderer or video drivers. ie, your recording will be a consistent frame rate the whole way through. If this the case (which I'm sure it is), then the fix will either be in the video decoders/renderer you have selected, or getting a different version of the NVidia drivers you're using.

ie, if you do a recording, and cause the problem to happen during the recording, but then playback said recording (with minimizing), it'll play at the consistent 60fps the whole way through.

Quote:also i only have a nextpvr.exe window and not a nrecord.exe
It's a service running in the background, called 'NPVR Recording Service'. It doesn't have a window.
here is the video, pls choose the 1080p@60FPS so you can notice the difference Smile and after evaluating pls help me T_T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB4woVsu...e=youtu.be
Watching your video, it doesn't look like it's anything to do with NextPVR. It looks like is just a "feature" of your nvidia shadowplay (or possibly Windows itself). You might find the choice of video render has an effect on this though, so try selecting different renderer on the Settings->Decoders screen.
sub Wrote:I'm guessing it's some playback issue with the video decoders or video renderer or video drivers.

The renderer that works the way i need it is ther VMR9 custom although i havent seen the option to customize it.
here is a look of what my renderers are:
[Image: ccZxpO2.png]
I can't understand how this is a problem. what is it that you are trying to accomplish?
sub Wrote:Watching your video, it doesn't look like it's anything to do with NextPVR. It looks like is just a "feature" of your nvidia shadowplay

the only 2 softwares i use are OBS and NEXTPVR, i hope you could notice the lag when i minimized it, if its possible pls pause the video at exactly 0:28 and you see in the top left corner in the window i pull back up 30 fps and then it raises again to 60, meaning that when it comes up it goes back to 60, shadowplay is just a feature to showcase fps in windows, nothing else. there is no trickery here :v
my objective is to be able to minimize the window to have more space on screen for other things like chat and such and just have the software render the gameplay, thats it, my problem is that it goes down to 30 fps when i minimize the window and i want to know if there is a way to not have that happen
Pages: 1 2 3 4