NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Samsung Tizen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so as far as anyone can say at this point, getting a NextPVR client on a Samsung Tizen-based set is not going to happen any time soon if ever?

my old TV quit a couple weeks ago, and santa brought me a gift contribution towards a new TV... I found a good deal on a Samsung K6290 4k set, and I was all geeked up to order it, but this thread is a real wet blanket.
I ended up with a Samsung 48" J5200 with the Tizen Smarthub for $215, it was the best deal I could get.

Haven't played with it much, just got it set up and logged into Netflix, then slept through a movie (I'd been up at 5am trying to score one of Fry's day-after-christmas clearance TV blowout deals, but no luck). From what little I've seen it seems to be a fine TV. I'll be looking into ways to access NextPVR recordings from the TV, but I suspect I'll continue using the Nexus Player for now.
Might want to look into using Plex. Might be over kill. Used it on my Samsung 2012 TV until I went HTPC. Suppose to be available on all Samsung 2016 TVs.
yes, it looks like Plex might be a reasonable solution for watching recordings. I've had the plex server installed for awhile, but it worked very poorly on my F-series bluray so I haven't kept up with it much... but I tried it on the TV the first night and it seemed to work fairly well.

I also discovered much to my astonishment that the TV remote works to control my Nexus Player through the HDMI connection, which makes it very nearly like having Kodi running on the TV. But as is always the case, nothing is perfect: if the Nexus Player is sleeping the HDMI-CEC connection goes down, and the only way to wake the Nexus Player is by hitting a button or two on it's native bluetooth remote. Maybe there's some fix possible for that, surely others more crafty than I have run into this problem...
Pages: 1 2