NextPVR Forums

Full Version: recording service keeps stopping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
My recording service keeps stopping every day or so. It will restart without complaint if I restart it from the services section of the windows control panel, but the wife gets a bit annoyed!!! ;-)
I've attached the whole log directory... does anyone have any idea why it's happening? Is there something definite in the log that I can address on my system?

Thanks in advance,
John
It blows up every time it tries to use your second DVB-T "PCTV 290e/460e BDA 2875 TVTuner" (Capture Source 27).

I guess I'd start by unplugging and re-plugging the device, make sure it's properly detected and shows up in device manager. Then maybe try a scan in NextPVR->Settings->Devices, see if it scans. If it does, that probably means the re-plugging fixed it. If not, I'd suggest removing it for now, go into Settings->Devices and disable the missing device, then restart the recording service to make sure NRecord knows not to use it, and finally do an EPG update to clear any scheduled recordings for that tuner.
johnsonx42 Wrote:It blows up every time it tries to use your second DVB-T "PCTV 290e/460e BDA 2875 TVTuner" (Capture Source 27).

I guess I'd start by unplugging and re-plugging the device, make sure it's properly detected and shows up in device manager. Then maybe try a scan in NextPVR->Settings->Devices, see if it scans. If it does, that probably means the re-plugging fixed it. If not, I'd suggest removing it for now, go into Settings->Devices and disable the missing device, then restart the recording service to make sure NRecord knows not to use it, and finally do an EPG update to clear any scheduled recordings for that tuner.

thanks for taking the time to look :-) I've wondered for a little while whether there's something weird going on with one of my USB tuners.... i get the USB disconnect/reconnect sound quite a lot and using a tool, I narrowed it down to a tuner.... most likely the same one then... I'll get rid... any recommendations of a quad T2 tuner card to get?? I'm getting fed up with USB!!! ;-)
Digital Devices has some pretty good PCIe cards, but they does not come cheap.
haverer2 Wrote:any recommendations of a quad T2 tuner card to get?? I'm getting fed up with USB!!! ;-)

I am content with this ... http://www.dabs.com/products/tbs-dual-fr...html?src=7

There is also ... http://www.dabs.com/products/tbs-tbs6285...tml?src=15

The same brand is also available from other suppliers (who are also not cheap). My experience is that PCIe tuners are fussy about which slot they go in.
There is also this usb tuner: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-USB-2...49380.html
I'v used several of them for dvb-c for more than a year but they are T/T2/DAB and the ONLY usb tuner I'v found that lasts more than a few months. The brand is Astrometa and you can also get them from a German website (don't remember the name). These tuners are of very good quality.