NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Problems with MCE Remote since Changing to Windows 8.1 64 bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm not sure if this is due to upgrading from W 8.1x32 to W 8.1x64 or the upgrade from NPVR 3.3.8 to 3.4.8 both took place at the same time.

When trying to start NPVR from the green button nothing happens - both boxes ticked in Misc 2 (It used to work, but usually lost focus)

When using some buttons (back in particular) a double press seems to be the outcome - I guess the above could be a double press as well.

I seem to remember there used to be a registry change to stop double presses but can't find what they are for Windows 8.1 Also e-home directory does not appear in Windows 8.1 Windows Directory.

Any Ideas Anyone?
I am having trouble with remote since upgrade to 3.4.8 but my green button works but that's it, I have not had time to go look at irremote file to see if anything has changed in there! still mapping channels . and Honey to do lists
Got mine working !! all I had to do was edit the irremote file to (nextpvr) from npvr ) I thought I had read somewhere in forum that the name had changed from npvr to nextpvr in this build, so may be that's what wrong with yours @ Lao pan BUT I am far from knowing much
sut Wrote:Got mine working !! all I had to do was edit the irremote file to (nextpvr) from npvr ) I thought I had read somewhere in forum that the name had changed from npvr to nextpvr in this build, so may be that's what wrong with yours @ Lao pan

I don't appear to have an irremote.ini file on my computer - is this a hauppauge file - I have an original Microsoft MCE Remote.

Maybe have to look at installing irserver suite - didn't really want extra software though.
Sorry yes its a hauppauge remote file! But with name change maybe that's why yours does not work Just my thinking Not that I am good at this
Lao Pan Wrote:When trying to start NPVR from the green button nothing happens
What software have you been using to start NPVR when the green button is pressed? ie, this has always required something has required other software, or special registry settings.
if you did install irss at least it would show if remote presses are received ruling in or out system upgrade
sub Wrote:What software have you been using to start NPVR when the green button is pressed? ie, this has always required something has required other software, or special registry settings.

Since Windows 8.1 launched (clean install) Just used NPVR's use Green Button for Launching NPVR setting.
In 32 bit Win this launched NPVR which then usually lost focus, requiring a mouse click to grt rid of the Task Bar.
In 64 bit Windows which I changed to last month at time of 3.4.8 upgrade the Green button does nothing. (Also the back button jumping 2 Menu levels appeared)

Previously - on Windows Vista and 8 - I used LM Remote Keymap - but got fed up with regular LM Remote has stopped working problems. (Also had 2 presses mapped on the green button to always get focus.

Not sure about the registry settings - there used to be some removed to get it to work but it was a long time ago
Lao Pan Wrote:Since Windows 8.1 launched (clean install) Just used NPVR's use Green Button for Launching NPVR setting.
I'd forgotten about this. Did you have the NPVRTray.exe app running at the time? This is what looks for this key and runs the app.
sub Wrote:I'd forgotten about this. Did you have the NPVRTray.exe app running at the time? This is what looks for this key and runs the app.

Yes - It has a shortcut in the Start-up Folder so is normally running.
Pages: 1 2 3 4