NextPVR Forums

Full Version: FYI recovering a deleted recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you that are little to fast in deleting your recordings.

I was deleting a bunch of recordings via the NextPVR Recording sub menus. One of the recordings was one of those 2 hour recording that contain 2 episodes. Well I had watched the 1st hour but forget that I had not watched the 2nd hour. Click on DeleteSad and by by 2 hour recording. Tried the usual file recovery methods and nothing:mad:. I then remembered that I had created a Windows System Image the week before and wondered is there was any way I could restore a individual file form that system image:confused:. After a Google search I found this http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows...windows-8/. I followed the instructions and I was able to recover the recording off of my System ImageSmile.

Note: this only works if your are on Windows 8.0 or 8.1 and you use the built in Create System Image feature located at the bottom of the File History window. File History is located in the Control Panel.