NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trying to get my new Hauppauge Credit Card Remote to work with NPVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I've been using NPVR for years with my WinTV-HVR-950Q, which didn't come with remote. I just bought a new WinTV-HVR-955Q, which came with the new credit card remote (PT# R-005).

I have both WinTV 7 and NVPR 3.4.8 installed and I have been trying to configure the irremote.ini file. I have some funtions working, such as directional arrows and the OK and the Back button. What I would really like to get working is the TV button to start NPVR, the red Power button to exit NPVR and the VOLUP and VOLDOWN buttons.

I have created the title [NPVR] and copied the section from title [WINTV7], then modified the TV=, GO=, VOLUP= and VOLDOWN= to what I thought would work. What am I doing wrong?

I've attached my current irremote.ini file.

John
I've never encoutered this remote, but I doubt that the alt-shift combination will work in npvr. See this http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ttonRemote for a irremote entry. Dont' forget to restart ir.exe after editing irremote.ini.
Did you see this ... http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?...ttonRemote

Note that the current version of NextPVR is called NextPVR and not NPVR as shown in the wiki page. The irremeote.ini entries need to be NextPVR and not NPVR.
Thanks! You pointed me in the right direction with the link to the "45ButtonRemote". I finally got what I needed working with the attached irremote.ini file.
The working funtions on the remote are; POWER button (starts NextPVR), DIRECTIONAL ARROWS (navigates the main menu and the TV Guide/TV Listings menu), OK button (Enter) and BACK button (Esc).

John
Graham Wrote:... The irremeote.ini entries need to be NextPVR and not NPVR.

Thanks for the reminder...wiki updated.
SailTV Wrote:Thanks! You pointed me in the right direction with the link to the "45ButtonRemote". I finally got what I needed working with the attached irremote.ini file.
The working funtions on the remote are; POWER button (starts NextPVR), DIRECTIONAL ARROWS (navigates the main menu and the TV Guide/TV Listings menu), OK button (Enter) and BACK button (Esc).

John

John,

You have two entries for the MENU key, you might want to delete the "alt-shift" entry. I still haven't found an image of the credit card remote, but it probably has buttons to support most of the commands in the irremote.ini on the wiki. If you really need a button to exit NextPVR, you could reprogram one of the buttons to send "ALT-F4". You already have the command to start NextPVR with the power button.
For start you could try GO={run(C:\Progra~2\NPVR\NextPVR.exe)} and for exit GRNPOWER={alt}{f4}, or GRNPOWER={close(C:\Progra~2\NPVR\NextPVR.exe)}
Here's a shot at an ini file for this remote. If this gets it all working, I'll put up a new wiki page for this remote.
Thanks, mulletback. Your file works better with GO for NextPVR start and Power Button for exit. Here is a picture of the remote I am using.
Thanks for the pic, that's about what I thought it was. Since this is a single tuner, the Picture-in-Picture commands assigned to the CC and TEXT keys are of no use, so you have two keys that you can reassign. What other functions would be useful with this device?
Pages: 1 2